Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Adventures of Matt


Whew! What a week! I've had explosive arguments at work, family issues for both me and the other half, managed to get drunk (twice) for the first time since new year, and still found time to have my first driving lesson for seven years! (Not while drunk ;) )

Aside from that, this week has been the same as any other. Still working in a boring, poorly paid, dead end job that forces me to compromise my integrity; and now everyone at work hates me because I refuse to turn a blind eye to certain 'inconsistencies' (unfortunately I can't really say much more at this point in time). Still having trouble finding a graduate scheme I can get onto that I actually want to do, worrying about how I'm ever going to get onto the property ladder, and not doing a damn thing about any of it.

On the plus side, I am now working (sort of) on no less than three graphic novels, which with any luck I might get interest from a publisher (hopefully DC - but I'm a realist). In the mean time, I still need to find a literary agent that handles this kind of stuff, and find the time to actually work on them between my day job, taking time to de-stress after work, uni work, learning to drive, play guitar better, and a whole heap of other stuff. Man, do I wish I was organized...

4 comments:

missy said...

I think we are clones...Look, I updated, too!

So, this is why you have been quiet this week! I hope you find the time to relax and all that! x

X38 said...

Thanks, I feel better already having got it off my chest.

DanProject76 said...

Hello new Blogger.

I like it so far.

X38 said...

Thanks Dan! I'll try and keep it up!